Day Three Update Is Here
Treyarch has released the day three update for the Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Beta based on feedback they have been receiving. There will be a big title and content update before the next weekend of testing and here is what they are planning.
- We’ve made a big pass at tuning the effectiveness of Scorestreaks that are underperforming. This includes: expanding the Hellstorm cluster lock-on radius, increasing the damage per shell of the Lighting Strike, upping the health of the Sentry turret, increasing the Strike Team’s weapon accuracy, improving the Strafe Run’s plane pathing and increasing the Attack Chopper’s targeting capabilities.
- As promised, we’ve also made some modifications to locomotion, namely to reduce the amount of bunny hopping + sliding combo moves. We realize how important locomotion is to the feel of the game, so this is always a delicate balancing act and we’re taking it slow, starting with: reducing the global jump height by 5 units; slowing down very slightly the acceleration on sliding; and jumping multiple times in a row will now scale down jump height with each subsequent jump.
- A pass at performance optimizations has been made across all maps in the Beta for improved framerate.
- Made a pass at global spawn improvements in various maps and modes.
- Updated Hardpoint locations and rotation on Seaside.
- Specialist Weaponry/Equipment
- We’ve made some tuning adjustments including reducing overall effectiveness of the K9 Unit while fixing some of its more *ahem* egregious pathing issues.
- Because we know this is a hot topic, we’re going to address it separately with a dedicated thread. We did say that we wanted to leave this alone until more content is unlocked, and we’ve had more time to crunch the data from all of the content in the game. For now, we are making some early tweaks which we’ll discuss in a later post.
Treyarch has also stated that next weekend when the beta goes live for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC that there will be a new map plus also a new game =mode that they have been keeping very secret about for us all to try. There will also be new XP events and new level caps.