Let’s Look At The Horror That Awaits
On August 20 at Comic-Con 2017 in San Diego Activision and Sledgehammer Games revealed Call Of Duty: WWII Zombies to the world and boy does it look amazing.
First, of though Activision has released details of the mission you will play in WWII Zombies,
Players will embark on a chilling, dark and mysterious journey through Mittelburg, a snowy Bavarian village in Germany, as they attempt to recover priceless works of art stolen by the Axis powers in World War II. This village holds a secret key to an unimaginable and monstrous power, so visitors must be on their toes and beware of the twisted and occult horrors that guard these treasures.
During the hosted panel a few key details were revealed,
- The back story for the mode is based on a real story of finding stolen art during World War II. Men and women risked their lives to save works of art.
- The Doctor created the devil’s himself.
- Marie Fisher became a spy for the US. Ended up having to look for her brother Klaus. Their father was a weapons maker.
- WWII Zombies is not connected to another other Call of Duty Zombies game.
- “Hardest Easter egg hunt you’ve ever been on.” Marie and Klaus’s father was toy-maker. Lots of traps and more.
- Each character has a rich backstory to how they got in their situation.
- Perks and Mystery Box will return.
- The official name of the map has not been announced yet.
During the reveal, we were also given a bio breakdown for each character in the game who are all characters who are considered international art experts,
- Jefferson Potts (played by Ving Rhames) – Strong, assured, and educated, Jefferson has both the military and academic prowess the MFAA need.
- Olivia Durant (played by Elodie Yung) – A former art historian of the Musée du Louvre, and weapons expert, she is an extremely savvy and capable member of the team.
- Drostan Hynd (played by David Tennant) – A former art thief, this brash and rough character was given a choice: go to jail, or help reclaim stolen art.
- Marie Fischer (played by Katheryn Winnick) – A brilliant engineer and tactician, Marie attempts to help salvage stolen treasures and rescue her brother, Klaus.
Source: Activision Blog